Pages

About Me

My photo
This is my Story of Second Chances, Healing, Finding Hope, and Learning to Dream Again.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dislike Waiting





Isaiah said “Blessed are all who wait.” Whatever. We all know waiting stinks. Even worse is when there’s no guarantee that you’ll even get what is you’re waiting for.

Unfortunately, waiting is an unavoidable part of life. But God has a plan and a purpose for the time spent in expectation and longing, and if we let Him, He can use that time to smooth out our rough edges and prepare us for what lies ahead.

I’ve wanted to be a novelist since I was a teenager. I wrote my first novel when I was fifteen. Completed a trilogy by the time I graduated high school. Finished another novel during college. After I had my precious baby girl, time to write became scarce, and then it wasn’t long before the upheavals of life sapped my emotional energy.

I dreamed of being published before I turned twenty. After marriage, motherhood, and divorce, I changed that goal to thirty. Now I’m aiming for getting published before I turn forty. That sounds worse when I say it out loud.

Anyway, I sure hope all that time spent waiting and growing has helped me to write a better novel.

Now I wonder when God will teach my husband to wait for his Christmas present.

What is something that you’re waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. My ankle to heal so I can walk again and my baby girl coming in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're praying for you and Heather! You'll be back on the soccer field before you know it, exhausted from another sleepless night!

      Delete