Pages

About Me

My photo
This is my Story of Second Chances, Healing, Finding Hope, and Learning to Dream Again.

Friday, December 28, 2012

A Lot of Words


On my list of impossible Christmas wishes is getting my novel published. I didn’t state it as the one thing I really wanted when my Sunday School Class asked the question, as Casey Slaughter was insightful enough to observe. Why wasn’t it the first thing that came to my mind? I guess it’s still hard to have faith. It’s tough to believe that it’s more than just a dream.

But with God, all things are possible. He whispered the idea for this book into my ear and then provided me with the time to write it. He can find a way for me to share it with the world.

He did help me to find a paying job, such as it is. I ended up working as a nanny again. It has three advantages:

1.) I can drop Grace off in the morning and she can walk to my job after school. No childcare expenses. Early dismissals and school holidays aren’t a worry. She can just stay with me.
2.) I like children. And I don’t have to sell insurance.
3.) NAPTIME! This sweet baby girl takes a two and a half to three hour nap every
day, like clockwork!

But at the time of the job offer, it wouldn’t become available for a few more weeks. So I had the security of promised employment, but more time to get my novel written! I truly believe this opportunity was a gift from God, and another way for Him to confirm that this was exactly what He wanted me to be doing.

Every minute during those weeks seemed precious. I skipped meals and bathroom breaks to make more time to write. I only had until three o’clock, so I had to make every second count. In a matter of eight weeks, I wrote twenty-nine chapters or approximately 80,000 words.

Once I began working as a nanny again, production slowed to a crawl. It took me over a month to complete the last four chapters. But I was grateful for all that God provided. My final word count was approximately 93 thousand words. And I loved every second of it!

And—guess what?—I don’t have to sell insurance!

Maybe my Christmas wish will come true in the New Year…

Do you recognize God’s blessings when they come?

0 comments:

Post a Comment