Pages

About Me

My photo
This is my Story of Second Chances, Healing, Finding Hope, and Learning to Dream Again.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Signs of True Love



How do you know you share true love? When he’s willing to live with your cats, and you’re willing to let him get a puppy. Thankfully, I have five and a half weeks to prepare myself for this new addition as he’s too little to leave his mama.

During the long years of waiting for Ben, Valentine’s Day was known as “Singles Awareness Day.” It was an opportunity for all my happily married Facebook friends to flaunt their roses, diamonds, and romantic dinners and for me to become even more fully aware of just how lonely I was. So to all of my single friends, I would like to apologize for this sentimental post. You're not required to read any further.

Although I’ve learned that life has a way of taking me by surprise. Or, more precisely, God has a way of taking me by surprise. So, you never know what He has in store for you.

The last few years of my life have been a whirlwind of changes! I went from wondering if I would always be alone, to falling in love with a very unlikely character, getting married, and finding my dream to be a writer rekindled. How quickly the doors that seemed to be closed forever were opened. I’m learning to accept that wherever I am in life is just for now, just a fleeting moment in the story of my life, and that everything can change in a heartbeat. That the direction life is taking now can diverge in a second and take me somewhere completely unexpected!

I don’t know what my future will hold. I can’t predict how this whole writer thing is going to work out or if the cats and the new puppy will get along. But I’m thankful that whatever twists and turns lie ahead, I have Ben to hold my hand as we walk the road together.

Whatever your story may be today, remember that you are precious to God and He will always be at your side.

And because today is a chocolate-eating holiday, you can enjoy it guilt-free!


0 comments:

Post a Comment