Pages

About Me

My photo
This is my Story of Second Chances, Healing, Finding Hope, and Learning to Dream Again.

Friday, November 8, 2013

The Journey



You may have heard me talk about how writing brings me joy, but you may not have realized how difficult this journey has been for me. The creative process is the part that makes me feel at peace, like I’m doing exactly what I was made to do. After that, the demons attack.

The journey of completing this novel, of surrendering it to friends for proof-reading and criticism, and the idea of letting everyone read it has been emotionally exhausting. At every turn, I’ve had to fight back the voices of the past that were loud with criticism and quiet when it came to encouragement. I’ve had to fight my own insecurities that tell me I have nothing to offer, and the voice of experience reminding me that I’ve never succeeded before.

It hasn’t been an easy road to travel. Two years ago I swore I would never write again. But I truly believe that this is what God has created me for and prepared me to do. Timing is indeed everything. And the hardest part of the journey begins now, as I must follow through on what I’ve begun.

Just formatting the document for the paperback version has been a test of my resolve. Now I must find a way to increase awareness of my novel’s existence to the world. And juggle all of life’s demands and still find time to finish writing book 2.

But the God who has led me this far will not forget me now. And words cannot express how grateful I am for the people who haven’t let me give up along the way, who’ve pushed and encouraged and prayed for me.

Please keep it up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment