Pages

About Me

My photo
This is my Story of Second Chances, Healing, Finding Hope, and Learning to Dream Again.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tenacity is the Word of the Day



This is my Determined face. Can you feel it? (Nikki, this one's for you.)

Publishing to Kindle was easy. But formatting my novel to print through Create Space has been a lesson in perseverance. I’ve been meditating on Winston Churchill’s words of wisdom: “Success is the ability to move from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” I’ve definitely struggled with enthusiasm, but at least remained doggedly tenacious.

The first proof copy of my novel revealed a need for changes to both the cover design and interior format. I have now completed those changes (after much hair-pulling and a few tears) and am ordering a second proof copy. If it doesn’t reveal any other major flaws, the paperback will be out by next week.

Nothing EVER happens according to my timeframe. EVER. Maybe there’s a reason for it, like some secret supernatural reason. Or maybe it’s just life and another opportunity to practice perseverance. Either way, here I am, still working at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment