Pages

About Me

My photo
This is my Story of Second Chances, Healing, Finding Hope, and Learning to Dream Again.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

My One and Only Life





On my birthday this year, I attended a funeral.  But it actually wasn’t a bad way to spend the afternoon as the man whose life was being celebrated had used his time on earth wisely.  Birthdays and funerals are both great opportunities to reflect on one’s life.  On how it’s been spent and on the direction it’s headed.

I’ve had birthdays with smaller numbers that have made me sad, not because of the age itself, but because of where I was in the journey.  This year (although the number isn’t my favorite) I feel good about where I am in life.  Prayers have been answered.  Healing has come.  Hope is alive.  I’m grateful.

I’m grateful for God’s work in my life, for never giving up and leaving me where I was.  I’m grateful for a loving, supportive husband, and for a sweet and precious daughter.

To quote Holly from the movie, P.S. I Love You: “This is my one and only life. And it's a great and terrible and short and endless thing, and none of us come out of it alive.”  

0 comments:

Post a Comment